The Morning Glorious

Gardening By the Seat of My Pants.

My Beets!



My garden beets looked and tasted better than the ones I picked up from the farmers' market.

Kit and Kristin came over for dinner in the garden. Kit's been away on tour for months - so I figured that the vegan equivalent of slaughtering the best cow in honor of his return, was pulling all the beets. I made a minted beet salad, sauteed the tops in garlic, got corn on the cob, and fake meat skewers. I wish I'd taken pictures of the cooked beets, but I forgot, and they got gobbled right up.

I also got hydrangea to make a centerpiece:


I love hydrangea, but I have a pet peeve about it. It turns up at weddings ALL the time, but it means : frigidity, heartlessness, bitter parting, "thank you for understanding," apologies. There are some places that have put positive spins on it recently. People, don't think about such things.

0 comments:

Search This Blog